I see other fragrance blogs did their list of top summer scents, so I thought I'd do it too.
I have far more of what I consider warm-weather scents in my collection than scents appropriate for colder months. I have no idea why, because I really do prefer the heavier musks and vanillas and spices. But the summer is long and calls out for refreshment. Also variety - I don't think I could wear the same scent twice in one week in the summer. That makes it a little hard to pick only 10 scents, but here are 10 of my favorites.
1. Hermes Eau des Merveilles - nicely salty and un-sweet, perfect for exceptionally hot days
2. Ava Luxe Gardenia Musk - more musk than gardenia, it makes me happy when I wear it
3. EL Azuree Soleil/Bronze Goddess - I'm not a big fan of suntan lotion scents, but this one takes me to a particular time and place in my childhood, reminding me of happy times with my mother. Wearing this brings her back.
4. Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint - the only Jo Malone scent I like, this one is floral, but not too, and the mint is subtle and not too mint-y
5. Frederic Malle Carnal Flower - the perfect sexy floral, strong but not heady, creamy, or sweet
6. Antonia's Flowers Soigne del Mare - a fairly heavy floral that is somehow brisk and refreshing
7. Chanel No. 18 - dry yet creamy, sweet yet savory, for when I need to be cool and sophisticated
8. Tea scents: Bulgari au Thé Rouge and Thé Blanc, PdN Fig Tea Eau Fraiche - ok so this is three, but I find tea refreshing in the summer. I wear the PdN when I want to smell sugary, ditto for the TR; the TB is for when I want something less-sweet.
9. Parfums 06130 Yuzu Rouge - tea-ish, with lots of refreshing citrus
10. Acqua di Parma Blue Mediterraneo Mirto - light and refreshing herbal citrus scent that I could wear everyday in the summer.
Oh, I hate to stop there - there are so many more that I wear on a mostly-regular basis in the summer: Stella, Apothia Velvet Rope, Chantecaille Frangipane, Burberry Summer...the list goes on.
What are your favorite scents for summer? Please tell me in the comments.