I'm currently 42 years old and have been blessed with virtually wrinkle-free skin (a combination of good genes, avoiding the sun, and a lifetime of non-smoking). However, earlier this year, I noticed an alarming crepiness on the underside of my chin. I like to think that I am still too young to be losing that much elasticity, but perhaps I am fooling myself. While contemplating emergency plastic surgery, I remembered that I had a jar of Shiseido Benefiance Day Cream in my bathroom closet. It's very rich - a bit too rich for my acne-prone face - but the claim that it "restores skin density and firmness" made me think that it could work on my neck.
I've used the stuff religiously after my morning shower for the last thirty days now, and the verdict is in - holy crap, it works! My neck is smooth again, like it was not too many years ago. I wish I had before and after photos for you, but I'm no photographer and the flash on the digicam washed out every shot. It's not like I had big wrinkly turkey wattles anyway. And if you do, your mileage may vary, but heck, it's definitely worth trying. I know I'm a believer.
Here's the official word, from Shiseido USA:
A powerful protective day cream created especially for mature skin experiencing wrinkles, discoloration, and loss of resilience associated with hormonal changes due to aging. Defends against dryness, pollution, and the harmful effects of UV rays. Restores skin density and firmness for young-looking facial contours.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and promotes a look of youthful vitality.
- Absorbs quickly and provides long-lasting hydration benefits.
- Utilizes Shiseido light-diffusing technology to minimize the appearance of age spots/discoloration and uneven skin tone, and improve radiance.
- A fresh, comfortable fragrance creates a pleasant skincare experience.
- To Use: Smooth over face each morning after cleansing and balancing skin.
- For maximum results use with NutriPerfect Night Cream.